Eight Things I Want To Do Before I Die
8. Produce a CD. Not like on a label or anything, just make my own CD. Actually, my real ambition is to play all the instruments on it myself. Someday.
7. These are things I want to do, not plan to do, right? I want to write a book. It can be anything. A technical O’Reilly book. Something else. But that would be kind of cool.
6. Play in a band. A church worship team is kind of a band, but yeah, I mean something different, a band with gigs and stuff like that. Joe has said I should just do it and he’s right, I dunno what’s stopping me.
5. Eat at a Michelin 3 star restaurant. Just once in my life. I’ll have to save and brush up on my etiquette but it would be cool. Not gonna happen until my future kids are moved out though, I think.
4. Visit Machu Picchu and Prague. People who have been to a bunch of places around the world all seem to say those 2 are among the very coolest.
3. See someone I’ve helped bring to Christ get baptized. Sadly, I don’t think I’ve seen this yet.
1. Have one of my kids grow up to be a missionary. Some people think this is kind of lame. Why want your kids to be missionaries, why not just be one yourself? Excellent point, one I’ve thought about a lot. I just can’t escape the fact that I don’t feel called. Maybe I’m being prepared, I dunno, we’ll see. But yeah, if it were solely up to me, I would raise my kids with the single minded purpose of becoming missionaries. Who happen to be members of a rock band.